Boston Green Hotel InitiativesA t InterContinental® Boston, a AAA Four-Diamond luxury hotel, the goal is to be a socially and environmentally responsible organization. In partnership with suppliers, guests and the community at large, our 424-room luxury Boston hotel seeks ways to conserve natural resources and protect the environment. InterContinental® Boston is continually working toward more sustainable practices. Since 2007, InterContinental® Boston increased its recycling from 8% to 43% and is proud to have the following eco-friendly policies in place at our Boston hotel.
See a brief overview of some of our green initiatives below, as well as a full list in the press release here Download Acrobat Reader .
Roof Deck Apiary & Beekeeping
In June 2010, InterContinental® Boston launched Boston's first hotel rooftop apiary with 10,000 bees. By September 2010, the apiary grew to more than 40,000 bees that were hard at work pollinating the flora of an approximate 4 mile radius of the hotel; which includes Boston's expansive 21-acre green space, the Rose Kennedy Greenway, Boston Common and Public Gardens in the Back Bay and the hotel's own waterfront floral and herb gardens.
Boston Green Hotel Policies & Initiatives
- Recycle Vegetable Oil from the Kitchens of InterContinental® Boston
- Food Waste Pulper
- White/Colored Paper, Magazines and Newspaper Recycling
- Co-mingling Recycling
- Recycle Clean, Used Bed Sheets, Towels, In-Room Amenities, Pillows and Unclaimed Lost & Found Items
- Cardboard Recycling
- Battery Recycling
- Light Bulb Recycling
- Ink and Toner Cartridge Recycling
- Reusable Dry Cleaning & Laundry Bags
- High Efficiency Plumbing Fixtures in all toilets, taps and faucets, and shower heads